Mobile High Definition
TAIPEI, TAIWAN (March 13, 2008) -- Acer, the third largest vendor in the global PC market (Source: Gartner data, 2007), today presented the Aspire 6920 line, a brand new notebook PC series designed to bring the enjoyment of High Definition (HD) anywhere you go.
In the wake of the great success achieved by the first Aspire Gemstone range, launched in May 2007, Acer has developed a brand new notebook concept that fuses elements of the original Gemstone series - exclusive design, innovative textures (surfaces) and materials, Dolby audio enhancements - in a market-exclusive form factor based on a 16" footprint that reveals a true HD nature. In addition, a signature element animates the product: blue, both color and light, is the element that marks the design of this new series, named Aspire Gemstone blue.
The Aspire 6920 series was designed to deliver a high-quality HD experience that engages all the senses.
The new series expresses maximum power thanks to the Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology featuring the latest Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processors, the mobile Intel PM965 Express Chipset and the integrated module for wireless connection, supporting Acer SignalUp with InviLink Nplify wireless technologies.
Acer is first to market with a 16" notebook series that features either a Full HD CineCrystal LCD panel with 1920x1080 resolution or a HD CineCrystal LCD screen at 1366x768 pixel resolution, 8ms response time and native 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio, perfect to enjoy HD TV or Blu-Ray Disc™ content.
The screen is managed by the latest NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS graphics engine with up to 1280 MB of TurboCache, supporting NVIDIA PureVideo HD technology, Shader Model 4.0 and Microsoft DirectX 10.
The Aspire 6920 also features an HDMI port with HDCP support.
In addition, the new notebook series is equipped with Wide Color Gamut displays and delivers more intense colors with 33% more color range than the typical notebook panels.
- The Aspire Gemstone blue design integrates the second generation Dolby® Home Theater technology with powerful audio technologies - CineSurround, Tuba CineBass booster, and True5.1 output - that set a new standard for the notebook sound capability.
- Acer CineSurround blasts virtual 5.1 surround sound through two speakers and the Acer Tuba CineBass booster; to set-up a True 5.1 surround system you just need to plug in three pairs of PC speakers, follow the simple steps of the eAudio setup application, and the immersive experience of True 5.1 surround sound becomes a home theater reality.
- The specially crafted tube-style Acer Tuba CineBass subwoofer exceeds 10 W, blasting the clearest low tones imaginable via Dolby Natural Bass technology. With amplified volume and no static or muffling, music enthusiasts can really feel the deep bass beats!
New design and new controls: the Aspire 6920 comes with the brand new CineDash media console, a touch-sensitive interface that gives you a new way to manage entertainment and launch Acer Arcade in seconds, as well as navigate menus, adjust volume and control your media on the fly. The new design also means new surfaces: The intricate texture of the NeoWeave palm rest signifies refined taste and exacting technical prowess, while providing a comfortable area for placing your hands.
The Aspire Gemstone blue sits on the leading edge of a new era in Acer notebook design. Dynamic and sophisticated, it reveals its true identity through eye-catching features like the multi-layered, shimmering 3D finish, contrasting textures, a chic blue, black and silver color scheme, and interior/exterior lighting effects.
- The Holographic 3D cover radiates true elegance. The starlit backlight shines beneath the floating Acer logo, the focal point of the iridescent, midnight sapphire sub-layer, which sparkles with varying gradations of black and blue when viewed from different angles.
- The Enlightener power button flashes to life in a sharp line of bright blue neon when the notebook is turned on, along with the CineDash media console. This ultra-slick media control area is both magnificently styled and instantly easy to use. No other notebook offers the same degree of style and substance.
- The intricate texture of the NeoWeave palm rest is both refined and rugged, providing a comfortable, ergonomic area for your hands.
- A shining adaptation of the original Gemstone design, the DiamondBlack Empowering Key flaunts the classic appeal of precious stones and launches a world of empowering technologies.
A generous HDD of up to 320GB meets the needs of multimedia collectors. For the optical drive, the Aspire 6920 models let you choose between the excellent Blu-Ray Disc™ and a DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive. In addition, for easy and speedy data transfer, the series features a handy 6-in-1 card reader that supports the most common card formats. By integrating a TV Tuner for digital television (on selected models), the Aspire 6920 provided a simple way to capture the interactive world of terrestrial digital and analogue television. Arcade Deluxe, Acer's multimedia software suite, helps users view and switch between channels with a clear and easy-to-use interface.
The Aspire Gemstone blue series is the new champion of the Gemstone line, fusing design, technology and innovation into a notebook that pushes the boundaries of mobile high-definition and delivers a digital experience that engages all the senses.
Since its founding in 1976, Acer has constantly pursued the goal of breaking the barriers between people and technology. Focused on marketing its brand-name IT products around the globe, Acer ranks as the world's No. 3 vendor for total PCs and No. 2 for notebooks, with the fastest growth among the top-five players. A profitable and sustainable Channel Business Model is instrumental to Acer's continued growth, while the successful mergers of Gateway and Packard Bell complete the company's global footprint by strengthening its presence in the U.S., and enhancing its strong position in Europe. Acer Inc. employs 5,000 people worldwide. 2007 revenues reached US$14.07 billion.
Stella T.H. Chou, Henry Wang
PR, Branding Division
8F, 88, Sec.1, Hsin Tai Wu Rd., Hsichih,
Taipei Hsien 221, Taiwan, R.O.C.
E-mail: Stella_th_chou@acer.com.tw Henrywang@acer.com.tw
To request an interview, product for review or other information, select your desired brand to find the contact information of the nearest branch office to you.