Dividend NT$3.75 per share: cash NT$3.6, stock NT$0.15
TAIPEI, TAIWAN (April 23, 2008) -- Acer reports the Q1 2008 consolidated financial results with operating income of NT$2.74B (US$86.84M), profit after tax (PAT) of NT$2.95B (US$93.63M), and earning per share (EPS) of NT$1.25. Shareholders shall receive a dividend of NT$3.75 per share, comprising NT$3.6 in cash and NT$0.15 in stock. The operating income was NT$2.74B (US$86.84M) -- or NT$3.25B (US$103.08M) before expensing the employee bonus and the Board of Director's remuneration. Acer's Board of Directors approved the results today.
Consolidated results of Q1 2008 and Q1 2007 compared:
- Revenue was NT$127.38B (US$4.04B), up 28% from NT$99.51B (US$3.16B)
- Operating income was NT$2.74B (US$86.84M) -- or NT$3.25B (US$103.08M) before expensing the employee bonus and the Board of Director's remuneration -- compared with NT$1.95B (US$61.75M)
- PAT was NT$2.95B (US$93.63M), compared to NT$5.66B (US$179.61M) which included significant stock disposal income
- EPS was NT$1.25, compared to NT$2.4
The 2007 dividend shall comprise of NT$3.6 in cash and NT$0.15 in stock, as Acer continues to exercise its cash-intensive dividend policy to avoid inflation of the paid-in capital. The EPS for full year 2007 was NT$5.48.
According to the first quarter preliminary data from Gartner Dataquest, Acer was the No. 3 Total PC vendor with 9.5% of market share. Acer was also the fastest growing Total PC vendor among the top five, with 25.2% year-on-year growth.
- The exchange rate was US$1: NT$31.5298.
- Acer Inc. consolidated revenue includes revenues from other companies in which Acer Inc. has 50% or more ownership, and already deducts any revenues between Acer Inc. and these companies to avoid double-counting.
Since its founding in 1976, Acer has constantly pursued the goal of breaking the barriers between people and technology. Focused on marketing its brand-name IT products around the globe, Acer ranks as the world's No. 3 vendor for total PCs and No. 2 for notebooks, with the fastest growth among the top-five players. A profitable and sustainable Channel Business Model is instrumental to Acer's continued growth, while the successful mergers of Gateway and Packard Bell complete the company's global footprint by strengthening its presence in the U.S., and enhancing its strong position in Europe. Acer Inc. employs 5,000 people worldwide. 2007 revenues reached US$14.07 billion.
Stella T.H. Chou, Henry Wang
PR, Branding Division
8F, 88, Sec.1, Hsin Tai Wu Rd., Hsichih,
Taipei Hsien 221, Taiwan, R.O.C.
E-mail: Stella_th_chou@acer.com.tw Henrywang@acer.com.tw
To request an interview, product for review or other information, select your desired brand to find the contact information of the nearest branch office to you.