Passion, user-centric, innovation, teamwork, balance of interests, and integrity are our core values, which lead us to consistently strive to create value by being pioneering, fast and effective. These core values also drive us to constantly deliver what customers want in an ethical and caring manner.
This is reflected in all that we do, in every decision and every action taken by each and every one of us. We continue to build on our reputation for trust, integrity and honesty, both internally and externally, by embracing people, diversity and different culture. As a responsible corporate citizen, we respect human rights, involve ourselves with local communities as well as comply with laws, environmental regulations, ethics, safety standards and social norms.
Inspired by these values, we have formulated the Standards of Business Conduct (SBC) document to guide us on how we interact with each other, our customers, our business partners, our shareholders and the communities where the Acer Group does business.
We have completed the revision of SBC in November 2020, and submitted it to the Board of Directors for approval and promulgation. The revised version of SBC provides a more comprehensive treatment of the applicable business codes and regulations in a more structured and useable manner.
Below are the features of the revision:
1. Get more aligned with the new amendments of "Ethical Corporate Management Best Practice Principles for TWSE/GTSM Listed Companies" and "Procedures for Ethical Management and Guidelines for Conduct" enacted by Taiwan's governing authority of Stock Exchange and Futures Trading.
2. Call for a more strict compliance with the principles of human rights set by the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Labor Organization’s (ILO) Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
3. Require not only all employees of the Acer Group to obey these rules and adhere to the highest standards of business ethics, but also the board members and all other parties who do business with Acer.
4. Incorporate the issues of Corporate Social Responsibility that address increasing attention during the recent years, the rules of social media interaction, and the past incidents that we have learned from the industry.
5. Specify the procedures dealing with the incident reports in anticipation of providing a guidance for the units to follow and to prevent recurrence.
The reputation and success of the Acer Group depends on the individual and collective integrity of each one of us. Adherence to the guidance in this document shall be required by all Acer Group members around the world.